Kate Rice Harrison, a BCBA at Brett DiNovi & Associates, discusses the role of prompts in behavior analytic programming. Kate describes different types of prompts and fading amongst other areas. As Kate describes in the beginning of the video, prompts are covered in section D1-D5 of the current task list. For additional information on this topic, please check out articles and resources used in this video below.
Brett DiNovi is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst & the founder & CEO of the largest award-winning behavioral consultation/OBM group of its kind on the East Coast of the United States which deploys over 500 consultants in 200 school districts/agencies throughout NJ, NY, PA, NY, DE, ME, CA, & worldwide through the use of remote video consultation.
Please check out our other Hacking Behavior channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ch0EXBoSqPSR8X33dYhvg
Check out our leadership & ABA webinars here
Careers: Now Hiring in CA, ME, NJ, NY, & PA apply here https://brettdassociates.com/contact-...
Support Us & Advertise Here https://www.patreon.com/brettdinovi
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Brett DiNovi & Associates, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
1. Cengher, M., Shamoun, K., Moss, P., Roll, D., Feliciano, G., & Fienup, D. M. (2015). A Comparison of the Effects of Two Prompt-Fading Strategies on Skill Acquisition in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 9(2), 115-125.
2. Cividini-Motta, C., & Ahearn, W. H. (2013). Effects of two variations of differential reinforcement on prompt dependency. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 46(3), 640-650.
3. Cooper, John O. Heron, Timothy E. Heward, William L. (2018). Applied Behavior Analysis. Place of publication not identified: Pearson.
4. Fillingham, J. K., Sage, K., & †, M. A. (2006). The treatment of anomia using errorless learning. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 16(2), 129-154.
5. Mueller, M. M., Palkovic, C. M., & Maynard, C. S. (2007). Errorless learning: Review and practical application for teaching children with pervasive developmental disorders. Psychology in the Schools,44(7), 691-700.
6. Terrace, H. S. (1963). Errorless transfer of a discrimination across two continua1. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 6(2), 223-232. doi:10.1901/jeab.1963.6-223
7. Where Research Meets the Classroom. Retrieved from https://www.autismclassroomresources.com/