Medical Ethics lecture on Human Rights Act 1998
*UK LAW* - Essential for PLAB
1. What is the human rights act?
2. Why does the human rights act apply to doctors?
3. Absolute vs Limited Rights
4. Article 2 – Right to Life
5. Article 3 – Prohibition of Torture, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment
6. Article 8 – Right to Respect for Private and Family Life
7. Article 9 – Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion
8. Article 12 – Right to Mary and Found a Family
9. Article 14 – Right to Protect from Discrimination
Medical Lectures and OSCE Videos produced by GMC registered/Certified Doctors. JHP Medical website provides access to online questions, videos and lecture notes.
Lectures cover definitions, aetiology, symptoms, clinical features, management, prognosis and complications of a wide variety of medical topics. Also covered are medical statistics, ethics and law.
1. Dr. A. Hart-Pinto MBChB (Hons) BSc (Hons)
2. Dr. Najeebah Jaunbocus MBChB MRCGP
Lectures are recommended for the following audience:
Medical students, nursing students, physician assistants, nursing consultants, nursing staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, paramedics, first responders, EMT.
Lectures cover high yield topics for the following:
Medical Finals, Nursing examinations, USMLE, MRCS, MRCP, MRCGP, MCAT, Medical School Interviews, MCAT, PLAB, PANCE, NCLEX, NAPLEX, MCCEE, NDBE, RN, RT, MD, DO, PA, NP.