Language: Hindi, Topics Covered:
- Brief recap of the previous lectures
- What is balance of payment (BoP)? Definition, methodology.
- How is World’s balance of payment zero?
- How is India’s balance of payment zero? and if so, why did we have a balance of payment crisis in 1991?
- Two components of BoP: current account and capital account
- Components current account balance: visible and invisible part.
- Current Account: Services, income, transfer, gifts donations and remittances
- Concepts: Balance of trade, trade deficit and trade surplus. Major imports and exports of India.
- Calculating current account deficit and current account surplus.
- Difference between FDI and FII
- What is forex reserves? How is it built? What are the components of forex reserves?
Powerpoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
Exam-Utility: UPSC CSAT, CDS, CAPF, Bank, RBI, IBPS, SSC and other competitive exams, IIM, XLRI, MBA interviews and GDPI
Venue: Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Satellite, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,India