PLEASE READ THIS DESCRIPTION!!!
This is another one of my "In The Lab" videos where I go over Scorpion's ability to keep the opponent trapped in a guessing game (the vortex.) I go over things like setting up the vortex, some of Scorpion's key normals, applications of the vortex, vortex followups, Scorpion's options for continuing the vortex, and your opponents option.
I realize that I said I'd put the commands for the combos in the video itself but later during the editing stages, I figured the commands would be easier to read in print without having to watch and read at the same time.
-Scorpion is a high risk/high reward character thus making him a balanced character.
-Scorpion gets access to vortex after any connected spear.
- F2,1 Teleport sets up the vortex
- After the F2,1 teleport, you have 4 general options: high, low, throw, safe pressure.
- B2 is an unsafe overhead that links into spear. The followup for continuing the vortex is either simply F2,1 teleport (easy) or dash 21 teleport dash 21 spear F2,1 teleport.
- F3 is a safe overhead that cannot link into spear. It does twice as much damage as B2 and is used to "check" opponents.
- 2, 1+2 is an unsafe overhead chain that can be linked into spear, but not hit-confirmed into spear- you must commit. The best follow up after the spear is a simple jip F2,1 teleport to keep the opponent in the guessing game.
- F4 is a low normal that is safe on block by itself. However, it can be linked into spear by committing to it - this also makes this unsafe. You have 3 follow ups for this option - a combo that gives a hard knockdown, a high damage combo that leaves the opponent out of the vortex but with 37% less life or the simple setup. Simple setup is jip F2,1. Hard knockdown combo setup after spear is: NJP Dash B2 jump kick(JK) teleport dash 21 spear. Full combo after spear is: NJP Dash B2 JK teleport JK throw. (37%)
- B4 is a safe sweep. It gives a hard knockdown that could give some oki setups. Obviously can't be linked into spear.
- 1,1,1 string is safe on block and hits mid (your opponent can't duck under it.) This is useful for getting chip damage, maintaining safe pressure, setting up tick throws, or sneaking in a high/low normal. 1,1 can be hit confirmed into spear.
- For a bar of meter, Scorpion can tack on an additional 8% damage to any throw or combo that ends in a throw.
- If Scorpion is cornered, a bar of meter can turn the tables and leave the opponent with 35% less life. F2,1 EX teleport 21 21 21 Spear jip F2,1 Teleport. With this combo, you are out of the corner, you dealt some major damage, and you leave your opponent in a guessing situation.