We learn things throughout our entire lives, but we still don’t know everything because we forget a lot of information. Bright Side will tell you about 11 simple memorizing tips that will help you remember everything and improve your memory.
Why we forget things 1:04
How to remember everything 2:00
How to memorize something quickly 2:30
How to memorize something for a long time 3:20
Try to understand what you learn 4:17
Learn the most necessary information 5:11
Serial position effect 5:45
Interference theory 6:06
Learn opposite things 7:22
Build your own «mind palace» 7:22
Use «nail words» 8:19
Make up stories 8:40
Use a tape recorder 9:10
Choose only the best materials 9:59
- Your brain is like a hard drive — the space is limited. Remember Sherlock Holmes? He couldn’t name all the planets of the Solar system — this was not because he missed school or something like that, but because he was too smart to have such irrelevant information in his memory. He deliberately erased facts he would never need. This is what your brain does: it protects you from overloading with information. That’s why all new data is stored in the short-term memory, not the long-term one. So, if you don’t repeat it or use it, you forget it very quickly.
A German psychologist, Hermann Ebbinghaus researched the memory and its mechanisms. He described the Forgetting Curve which shows that just one hour after learning something new we forget more than half of the learned information. One day later we remember only about 30% percent. Well, you see where this is going.
- There is a memorization technique called «Spaced repetition». To keep some information in your head for a longer time, you need to try to put it into your long-term memory. Forced memorization is not very effective in this case because your brain can’t make sense of the information quickly and form strong associations. Here it all depends on the reason why you are learning something.
- To memorize something quickly, repeat the information right after learning it.
The second repetition should be after 15-20 minutes.
You don’t need to return to the information between repetitions — just rest and do something different. Let your brain relax.
Repeat the learned material the third time after 6-8 hours.
And you should have the final repetition 24 hours after the first contact with the information.
Do you know any other memorizing tips? If yes, share them in the comment section below!
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
Another tip is that you have to write down everything what you have learned for 1 or 2 times and learn that again from after you've written. It is because your brain memorizes things quicker and for a longer time when learnt from your own handwriting. You can use this tip more effectively by writing down things in the form of a flow chart when your teacher is teaching. Later you can learn that flow chart and you would find that the things have gone into your mind faster than before. You can also remember it for a long time and be ahead of everyone in the tests.
The best way to remember things is to learn it at night.... When we remember at night, the things being remembered keep going in our mind and we don't forget it...... Try this.. If it works, give a like.... 😊
Recommendation: Listening to your recorded voice with relaxing music to memmorize really helps..
This is how I pass my BOARD EXAM
1. write all the clue words fron your reviewer in a sticky note.
2. Read it out loud while recording your voice so that if u are tired of reading, well you can listen to your voice afterwards and use headset. In that way, you could sleep while still listening at the same time listening to your voice.
3. Draw what you learn. Try associating words with pictures/imagination in real life situations so it doesn't get stucked in ur brain ( I use it to memorize parts of body in mandarin, it really works!)
4. Group study. But you're the one who asked questions and let ur classmates or colleagues answers. In that way, you'll have the correct answer and you will repeat the correct infos in ur brain.
5. For those who aren't font of memorizing, the best tricks is to READ THE MATERIALS A LOT OF TIMES (5 TIMES) WILL DO AND then eventually you'll come to be familiarize and get the gist of it..it works all the time especially during exam if u forgot what u memorize . ANALIZATION OF DATA is much more vital... (Tried it, works fine coz my memory isn't that gud but my analysis is)
Hope that this could help.
Exams also test your willpower and your determination. Also test if you are willing to put on the effort to get the best results. Lots of people ignore this and have the mindset of "tests are useless school is bad" which is total BS.
I worry all the time because when I'm asked about certain parts of my life I have no recollection. My son asks me questions and says " mom don't you remember " when asking me questions about the past or when he was little. I remember nothing. It makes me cry. I don't understand why most of my life is forgotten. I only have bad memories. I have tried to think and think and I sit alone to try to remember and just nothing. I don't understand why.
It’s annoying what make our brain to forget what we read
If we can know everyones name so why cant we in study
If we cover everything we know
Eg name of person,item name,fruit name ,basic things name
That would be 20 pages or more
I saw the thumbnail and I just had to say this. 😂😂 As u gain more information, ur brain actually doesn’t get bigger lol idk if there are still people who believe that. It does form more ridges though according to some neurologist I heard years ago
It would be interesting to figure out what the “hufaaz” have in common. They memorize and can repeats a whole book, including the intonation within the language and various recitation rules.
By the way, “hufaaz” are the scholars that memorize the Quran (Muslim revealed book) and they recite it exactly as it was when 1st recited 1400 years ago.
I have my O/L this year and I need to START STUDYING. Yeah, I haven't even started yet. But, I think I have a chance for good results and I think this video will help me. BUT YOU MISSED THE MOST EFFECTIVE MEMORIZATION TECHNIQUE TO DATE: _USING MIND MAPS_.
Organic memory works within a system of pertinence. Simply memorizing things and not connecting them to actions needed throughout your life will mean they are not a part of your life. The mind will always hold all data entered into it by the sense organs but, it will not recall it unless it becomes pertinent or useful to the current objective that serves "it's" purpose. Failing to recall information about something pertinent is typically a result of bad management of memory due to a regime of memorization instead of confluent action.
When the periodical test comes every quarter i used to note down the keywords of the word that Im memorizing so that if i see the keywords in the sentence i already know what is the answer in that question
I will add the most powerful learning tips for students.
When you learn something don't let off when you leave your books . I. E keep analysing it all time. If it's a Maths problem just keep it your mind and keep analysing it all day. Write a few notes if you can. When you revise it will stick. But again don't let your mind go off when you are not studying.
2. When you are study something freshly try to revise it before you sleep. And rather than watching a movie or talking on phone, let that be the last thing you do as you go to sleep. Your brain will take it up as you sleep and store. You will remember a lot the next day, particularly if you have an exam.
Good luck guys.
Work out if you need to pay.
When you know your gain you need to work out if you need to report and pay Capital Gains Tax.
You may be able to work out how much tax to pay on your shares.
the same type, acquired in the same company on the same date sold at the same time.
sold other shares in the tax year sold other chargeable assets in the tax year, such as a property you let out claim any reliefs are a company, agent, trustee or personal representative.
Reporting a loss.
The rules are different if you need to report a loss.
Fifth most actively traded share.
Market capital of DKK 206 bn.
Shareholders by geography.
Rest of Europe etc.
Ratings from equity analysts covering the Danske Bank share and consensus earnings estimates.
Selling in special circumstances.
shares you bought at different times and prices in one company shares through an investment club shares after a company merger or takeover employee share scheme shares.
Jointly owned shares and investments.
If you sell shares or investments that you own jointly with other people, work out the gain for the portion that you own, instead of the whole value. There are different rules for investment clubs.
What to do next.