We learn things throughout our entire lives, but we still don’t know everything because we forget a lot of information. Bright Side will tell you about 11 simple memorizing tips that will help you remember everything and improve your memory.
Why we forget things 1:04
How to remember everything 2:00
How to memorize something quickly 2:30
How to memorize something for a long time 3:20
Try to understand what you learn 4:17
Learn the most necessary information 5:11
Serial position effect 5:45
Interference theory 6:06
Learn opposite things 7:22
Build your own «mind palace» 7:22
Use «nail words» 8:19
Make up stories 8:40
Use a tape recorder 9:10
Choose only the best materials 9:59
- Your brain is like a hard drive — the space is limited. Remember Sherlock Holmes? He couldn’t name all the planets of the Solar system — this was not because he missed school or something like that, but because he was too smart to have such irrelevant information in his memory. He deliberately erased facts he would never need. This is what your brain does: it protects you from overloading with information. That’s why all new data is stored in the short-term memory, not the long-term one. So, if you don’t repeat it or use it, you forget it very quickly.
A German psychologist, Hermann Ebbinghaus researched the memory and its mechanisms. He described the Forgetting Curve which shows that just one hour after learning something new we forget more than half of the learned information. One day later we remember only about 30% percent. Well, you see where this is going.
- There is a memorization technique called «Spaced repetition». To keep some information in your head for a longer time, you need to try to put it into your long-term memory. Forced memorization is not very effective in this case because your brain can’t make sense of the information quickly and form strong associations. Here it all depends on the reason why you are learning something.
- To memorize something quickly, repeat the information right after learning it.
The second repetition should be after 15-20 minutes.
You don’t need to return to the information between repetitions — just rest and do something different. Let your brain relax.
Repeat the learned material the third time after 6-8 hours.
And you should have the final repetition 24 hours after the first contact with the information.
Do you know any other memorizing tips? If yes, share them in the comment section below!
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
We tend to forget anything which is useless and has nothing to do with our life. That's why our brain stores life experiences such as first time on a roller coaster, first visit to a zoo, worst and best dreams, bad life experiences etc
Some memory tips :
1) As soon as you finish your reading ,try to teach it yourself or to others ( hears weird but works.)
2) write that piece of information as you finished learning in your own words.
3) try improving memory using apps in play store
4) I personally & strongly recommend using the app called " quizlet " which really work wonder in your studies.
*OK................................I have a ques................one of my friend ...........read only for a hour ......or less thn a hr......and always score ........
.70-80% easily how................WHILE.....HE SPEND MOST OF HIS TIME IN PLAYING VIDEO GAMES..................*
Bad boys rush our you girls but vilot goes wild silver an gold
Its the color code for resisters brown black red orange etc
My electric shop teacher taught us that when I was in 10th grade I am in my 50s now still remember it wow
Oh [email protected],one thing that I do is save a video of youtube in offline accordingly my subject and keep watching the video,when I am in anyplace and doing nothing.By this way my preparation becomes done too.Isnt it awesome,a kinda!? xD!
Work out if you need to pay.
When you know your gain you need to work out if you need to report and pay Capital Gains Tax.
You may be able to work out how much tax to pay on your shares.
the same type, acquired in the same company on the same date sold at the same time.
sold other shares in the tax year sold other chargeable assets in the tax year, such as a property you let out claim any reliefs are a company, agent, trustee or personal representative.
Reporting a loss.
The rules are different if you need to report a loss.
Fifth most actively traded share.
Market capital of DKK 206 bn.
Shareholders by geography.
Rest of Europe etc.
Ratings from equity analysts covering the Danske Bank share and consensus earnings estimates.
Selling in special circumstances.
shares you bought at different times and prices in one company shares through an investment club shares after a company merger or takeover employee share scheme shares.
Jointly owned shares and investments.
If you sell shares or investments that you own jointly with other people, work out the gain for the portion that you own, instead of the whole value. There are different rules for investment clubs.
What to do next.